Sunday 15 March 2009

Key note speech

On FRIDAY I had chance for the first time of my life to be a keynote speaker. IT was amazing experience. I was invited by LYCEUM of the Philippines University Batangas for their conference with theme: Networking and Linkages between Business and Academics Institutions. This university is around 2,5-3 h from Manila in very nice place. I was giving speech about: Standards and Qualifications of multinational companies in hiring people.


I went to the university one day before, Thursday afternoon and when I get there I was welcomed as a star :) with a big bucket of flowers pictures etc. I felt like Miss Poland they even called me like that because of course for them I'm so beautiful :) I was given very nice room so at the evening I prepared myself to the next day and went sleep. Next day I woke up around 6.30 AM to practice speech and prepare myself. It was very nice sleep because finally no street noise just pure nature :)


The whole conference was from 9:00 till 12:00 I was at the very beginning. My speech long around 30 min and in my opinion it was the only one speech which was useful for students the other were not so much on the topic. But after such long experience in AIESEC and thousand conferences I have big expectations :)after my part I was given a certificate some small presents. It was a very nice experience to talk to around 300 students, their family members and other important people. I know that the organizers and university itself was surprised that I'm so young but I think that it is not about how old are you but what kind of experience you have. I hope to have mire chances to participate in such events for me personally it was a great chance to check myself as a keynote speaker, to got to know more education system in the Philippines and of course to have a great fun :)

No comments: