Tuesday 22 July 2008

Culture Shock before ...?!? :)


Just need to share with you about one cool thing that happen to me today :) So one of the Headway intern - Christin send me today book about culture of the Philippines. I’ve just started to read it and it is amazing how many new fact I have learned already :)


Like – if you received gift you shouldn’t open it in public just put it near and do it when you are alone. Why? Because if you will open in front of other or the person who gave you they can see it and compare to others gifts :)


“It is polite to be Late” – haha it will be one of the hardest thing to learn :P

During date boy is expected to pay, even if the outgoing was at the girl's invitation - like it :) Moreover! Some girl will bring chaperone on a date - haha for sure I will not practice this :)

Filipinos love to matchmake :) they are trying to match their friend and relatives, don't be surprised if you hear: I've got date for you' - hmmm we will see..


Or the fact that the relish of Filipino is boiled duck’s egg with half-incubated chick inside – uhhh ( it think I will not try it :P )

At the end there is even Cultural Quiz to check if you read book carefully :P

So I have to admit that I will learn a lot and when I reach Philippines I will see what was true and what not...


Ok I’m back to reading :)

No comments: